(US) Application Engineer
EKU is an Automation Company which believes in improving the utilization and flexibility of existing infrastructures. Our mission is to change the way companies use energy and become more efficient in their production.
Our purpose is to create technologies that combine power generation with efficient control. Until we find a limitless unpolluted source of energy, we cannot afford to misuse it. Therefore, our company is committed to finding technology that not only increases human welfare but also makes sense for the companies to use it.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year depending on experience and education
Education: Electrical / Electronic Engineering Bachelor’s (Required) – Master (Optional)
Location: The Woodland, Tx (Required)
Travel percentage: 30% in the U.S and Europe
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Responsibilities and Duties:
The employee is responsible to assist customers with system design and is required to apply EKU products in custom power train equipment. In this role, the employee will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. The employee must establish a relationship with EKU Power Drives GmbH (Germany) engineering and production departments.
- Work in collaboration with field sales in actively pursuing targeted Industry opportunities and accounts by using internal tools such as the design team, data analysis, and data mining.
- Application engineering selection: Industrial engines power generation, transmissions interfaces, PLC controls, embedded controls, and lithium-ion batteries electronics.
- Review customer specifications for proper selection of equipment.
- Collaborate efforts with component vendors to and effort to integrate EKU Products into designed packages that are geared towards specific industry targets.
- Provide engineering technical guidance and support to sales team for various project development and proposal preparation.
- Develop detailed reports, ensuring client project specifications are defined and monitored.
- Evaluate non-standard product requests, applications, and capabilities.
- Prepare and present technical data and proposals to internal and external customers.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Provide application technology support to customers.
- Frequent communication with customers to ensure satisfaction. Implement necessary corrective actions as required.
The daily roles would include
- Reviews Industrial requirements and submits technical information (schematics, upgrades).
- Technical information submittal from Stuttgart Germany R&D and production.
- Test, program, and release management electronics.
- Certify electric designs.
- Technical conversations with customer and sales team.
- Review and estimate industrial repairs sent to The Woodlands, TX.
- Commissioning in field deliveries.
The ideal candidate should have a strong electrical background, specifically the ability to quickly understand electrical schematics. Must have a customer focused attitude and excellent communication skills (oral and written). Must also have technical knowledge of power train products and applications fluent in German is a plus.
Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering. Master’s degree in Engineering or Business or education comparable to experience in the industry.
- Thirty (30) Paid Vacation days plus nine (9) Paid Holidays
- 100% paid Medical, Life, Vision & Dental Insurance
- 401k with company match of 100% of the first 6%
- Flexible Spending Account
|Job Category||Full Time/Vollzeit|